My previous blog post discussed the impending launch of the WISE spacecraft and infrared astronomy in general. I'm pleased to report that the WISE spacecraft was successfully launched from Vandenberg Air Force Base in California this morning at 6:09 a.m., Pacific time.
- Wondering when Intel Core X-Series will be available on Thelio Major @system76 1 hour ago
- RT @astrotweeps: Did you know? Nobody knows where astronomer Edwin Hubble is buried. When he died in 1953, no funeral or memorial service w… 1 day ago
- RT @GretaThunberg: This morning it’s 1429 places in 114 countries. And counting! #FridaysForFuture #ClimateStrike #SchoolStrike4Climate htt… 2 days ago
- RT @wbo_python: Great new features, love the new IDE functionality and ofcourse the dark theme ❤️ Congrats @Spyder_IDE with beta 2, I will… 2 days ago
- RT @anais_moller: We use standard candles to measure the expansion of our Universe. I use type Ia supernovae but the first ones, cepheids v… 2 days ago