My previous blog post discussed the impending launch of the WISE spacecraft and infrared astronomy in general. I'm pleased to report that the WISE spacecraft was successfully launched from Vandenberg Air Force Base in California this morning at 6:09 a.m., Pacific time.
- RT @Caltech: Summer research fellows built a working telescope to search for #exoplanets—using off-the-shelf technology— during a 10-week p… 7 hours ago
- RT @BarackObama: The last presidential election turned on fewer than 100,000 votes in three states. More people go to Coachella. There’s no… 9 hours ago
- RT @KarenLMasters: I don’t presume to know how to answer this, but it’s one of the most important questions in my field. https://t.co/JbrDD… 13 hours ago
- RT @mrdrout: Hey Everyone! Do you love astro statistics or astronomical instrumentation? If so you should apply to come to the University o… 1 day ago
- RT @LIGO: You can play with all of the #GW170817 data at GWOSC: the #GravitationalWave Open Science Center. (Also check out our tutorials a… 1 day ago