The Northeast Astronomy Forum and Telescope Show (NEAF) will be held on April 17 and 18 at Rockland Community College in Suffern, NY. NEAF is the premier astronomy show held in the United States, and I'm happy to say that I'll be attending for the first time this year.
I will be submitting blog posts and pictures as often as possible. Be sure to bookmark the Share Astronomy web site and check frequently for updates on Saturday and Sunday. I will do my best to keep you fully informed and entertained with the latest and greatest news and images from this important event!
NEAF 2010 will include:
- Approximately 130 vendors. (Many of these companies will be introducing new telescopes, mounts, eyepieces, software and more.) The vendor list reads like a who's who of astronomy with companies like Celestron, Meade Instruments, Astro-Physics, Takahashi, Stellarvue, Tele Vue, PlaneWave Instruments, Software Bisque, SBIG, Apogee, Coronado, Lunt Solar Systems, Vixen Optics, iOptron, Explore Scientific, Carina Software, Orion Telescopes, TMB Optical, William Optics, etc.
- Lectures and workshops on topics as varied as solar sketching, how you can contribute to the real science of astronomy, meteorites and the "LACROSS" moon mission.
- Kid's activities related to science and astronomy.
- A daily solar star party.
- The premier of BLAST the Movie.
- And a whole lot more – be sure to check out NEAF's web site for more information.